A Special environment for teaching and learning amidst nature has been provided. s
This also serves as an open Botanical Laboratory with system related plants around.
1. Nature School
2. Nature Classroom
1. To enable the pupils to record their thoughts, feelings and happenings, a special diary 'My Educational Profile' is provided.
2. 'My Educational Profile' contains the Eleven Imperatives of Education with explanatory notes and checklists to enable the students to examine their own experiences, graphs to mark their height and weight and also their academic achievements.
3. FIVE minutes allotted everyday for diary writing.
4. Periodic check, guidance and prizes for effective diary writing.
1. National : Independence Day, Youth Day, Rajyothsava, Gandhi Jayanthi.
2. General : Onam, Sri Krishna Janmashtami, Ganesha Chaturthi, Shivarathri, Christmas, Jayanthi celebrations of Sri Ramakrishna, Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda.
FRIENDS OF THE POOR
1. Service to the poor is made a part of education in Vidyashala through activities called 'Narayana Seva' and 'Friends of the Poor'.
2. In these two programmes, students voluntarily contribute their mite to the poor not only in terms of money but also in terms of service.
3. They gift useful articles to the institutions which cater to the needs of the poor or visit periodically a selected slum area to educate the
4. dwellers there about health, hygiene, ill-effects of alcoholic addiction and also to inculcate in them cultural and spiritual values.
1. Celebrated every year in a grand manner during the first or second week of January. Highlights of the college day : Field Display consisting of
2. March Past, Gymnastics, Parallel Bar exercises, Band Display, Pyramids and Mass P.T. Cultural Programmes consisting of Drama, Folk Dance,
3. Orchestra, Recitations etc. Exhibitions in Science, Humanities, Fine Arts, Computers, Philately and Book Exhibition.